JP take on assignment 5: "For Him (Finally)"

For Him (Finally)

) and the rest of his life
spent running from /-
containing principles, kissing /- boys
in the Autumn, oblivious
to the sound of male smashing /- ceasing /-
turning /- staring /- mouthing /-
the boosters running for the bleachers.

) fucking pick up the phone,
Papas, fucking pick up the
phone, Papas, fucking pick up
the /-

[Mom] and [Dad], in the abstract,
prostrated /-
before the invisible altar,
raising a revenant, ) but
he gets out, keeps the )secret)
on the inside of his lips,
just beneath a ridge of wet cheek.

Wrapped around /- his fingers,
snaking, scratching up his arms,
left in hair matted down from hands.

)pick it up man, come on
pick up the fu /-

The king worships the followers,
the skin of a palm pushed into side flesh,
the gold gilds the cross,
the young hairs on end.

) the inviolate object of the ball,
the smell of pig leather and burnt bread
curlicueing between parting lips /- parting between the /- parting behind)

Send away, elders, for salvation.
Call for all the chancellors,
repeal the sin, fix the sinner,
fix the game, game the system.

The container is the container /-
it cannot emit. It cannot replicate.
)It is a closet door, opening into an entrance.

Someday, I will call in )what)he)is)owed

Jesus got him in the box /-
Jesus got him in the head /-
Jesus beat him with rocks /-
Jesus shot him dead)

Comments

  1. bigscary lo/-
    this poem.

    see?!? you don't know if I said loathe or love..do you?? do you?!?

    this assignment kicked my ass last night. shoddy results forthcoming.

    ps-
    it's loaded-loom-love this poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it funny that that's how you interpret "/-"

    which is cool, but that's not what it's doing, buck-o. but hey, whatev gets you off, bigscary. I just want to make sure you get your jollies.

    Lish, put your poem up already. Stop worrying about whether or not it'll be up to your standards.

    this is jon, btw

    ReplyDelete
  3. lish imma break it offfffffffff sssoooonnnn

    i'm lightly ribbing you. be cool hunnybunny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the most enjoyable, most challenging pieces I've read from you in a while, JP.

    Mad props.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, now I'm reading yours, and then mine (which I wrote first notes for while watching It Might Get Loud) in a feedback loop. Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Second Assignment, late (of course) but worth it (I hope)

Third Assignment: Pass that Stash, a treasure hunt

JP on "deal with me," BBRRRRAP!