Jp on Bendi's The Internet Knows More About Us Than We Do assignment

Bendi - sorry if this is a little macabre / random / whatever. The Bendi's I found were really dissonant, and I ran with it. I love you wolf-brother.

Three ways of looking at a Bendi

i. Amateur Psychology

After jerking off
in the office bathroom
and quickly taking two
swigs of non-dairy creamer,
Bendi sits at his cube,
pulls out the DSM,
and quietly diagnoses his co-workers.

He wears his too small specs
on the tip of his nose, is live-
updating twitter mid-diagnosis
to obtain a differential
from the scientific community.

His LinkedIn is immaculate,
paced, diversified – a paragon
of perfection, the Platonic form
of professional networking.

After work, at Applebee’s
with Kathy and her rustic sweaters,
he speaks grandly of her co-dependent
behavior, gesticulating expansively
with his iPhone.

ii. “(Are all these alliterative B’s for real?)”

“Delicately nuanced” is what they say
about you, said about you, what they
wrote on your tombstone, our plots
facing each other.
They speak of
“moment[s] of tenderness evoked
by the gratification of desire,” moments
few and far between. But what they really
wanted to imply was that you were an
affront to alphabet, a construct, a scheme
by the second letter to bully blogs into
obedience. Anyways, you wrote about
a lack of nakedness, about the virtues
of mitigating immediate gratification,
but there you are, delicately nuanced, in the ground.

iii. Bitti Bendi Doll

There’s a realism here
that’s hard to conjure,
probably because it isn’t there.

They made you white, bro!
The Hegemony!
The Subaltern! Words!

They also broke your legs, took
away your features, have
you stand in jaunty positions sans profile.

The poet stares that the thing
until the thing presents itself.
I don’t see you. All I see is a doll,

white, dancing, mounted, on the internet.


Links:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bendi-barrett/1a/ba8/910
http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/March08/JohnsonPlay.html
http://graceandreacchi.blogspot.com/2009/01/sein-und-werden-curiouser-and-curiouser.html
http://www.barrett-house.com/product/BITTI-BENDI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Assignment, late (of course) but worth it (I hope)

Third Assignment: Pass that Stash, a treasure hunt

JP on "deal with me," BBRRRRAP!