Third Assignment: Pass that Stash, a treasure hunt

Even though a certain Rodder, *ahem,hoo-ah,ahem* didn't subject hisself to Kate's assignment, I'm posting another for general cogitation. I've got a hunger my friends, and that hunger happens to be for badass poetry. Here it is:


Optional Step 1) Get schwasted. Approved varieties: whiskey, Pabst, Carlo, or a $10 bottle of champagne

2) Go on a magical internets treasure hunt. The stipulations are as follows:

a) A pastiche poem of sorts is to be made, blasted, molded, squeezed out of the treasure hunt.
b) The hunt must be multimedia (I'm thinking the triumvirate of music, film, text; but play with this how you want).
c) A search engine must be used in order to generate islands along your personal treasure map (this is so we aren't purposely going to sexy sites we've scoped out before).
d) We google (or whatever) 5 of the same words/phrases to generate different websites to put on the map. These words/phrases are to be voted and decided on by this SUNDAY. My votes so far are : lapus lazuli; bee-loud; like rain; purple nurple; and micheal jackson. Let's do a voting thang in the comments.
e) When you post your poem, would you be so kind as to give us the links (or perhaps even an actual treasure map) of what inspired you?
f) 5 part poem, 5 links, 1 theme (if you can manage). By Wednesday July 8?

Cap'n' Rod: "swab the deck me hearties. Yo Ho, NumNumRum."


PS-
Can't you just taste the point racking possibilities?

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M CONFUSED. Are we doing this as is? And if so, by when?

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least July 8 will give me several days to maintain a steady drunk and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dunno. I was thinking we'd decide on mutual words by Sundayish and have it written by the 8th?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seeeeeee. I vote "hair bands" and "Judith Butler" be added to the list of possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOooh, and maybe "prestidigitation."

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay, i didn't vote, but I'm writing this shit right now.

    "lapus lazuli; bee-loud; like rain; purple nurple; and micheal jackson; hair bands; judith butler; prestidigitation"

    were the words. I am taking:
    Lapus lazuli (with mispelling); bee-loud; micheal jackson (with mispelling); hair bands; prestidigitation

    purple nurple is gonna be weird,I just wrote a poem on judith butler (see organ of corti), and "like rain" is just gonna be about rain. so yeah.

    See you kids on the other side
    -jn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe I misspelled about half the things important in my life. Shit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehe. Yeah. I wasn't going to draw attention to it, but this makes the assignment that much more FUN, so go you!

    I will try my best to get this done by Weds night (optimism, wow!) but I start my fellowship at the Summer Institute at Berkeley (INSPIRATION) tomorrow, so I'll publicly transport 3 hrs a day (INSPIRATION & exhaustion!) in addition to taking part in research workshops etc from 830-530, so maybe it'll be crap or it won't get done till Fri. I'll keep the neurons firing and see what happens.

    Love the word list, love you all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Second Assignment, late (of course) but worth it (I hope)

JP on "deal with me," BBRRRRAP!