Assignment 2: On form & verisimilitude

So, I've started carrying my notebook to the gym because there are some neurons that only fire over cog-taut muscle fibers and daytime celebrity television. Oh baby. And, in addition to this extra time sweating & watching E, I've recently spent five hours at the Academy of Sciences' aquarium, an evening ogling the anthropomorphism of the pointy-breasted Pussy Galore in Goldfinger, and too many weeks leering at the lanky torsos of San Fran's Skeletor elite.
With all this input, I've been musing on an assignment I know you three can demolish like no other:

Write about the oddness of form, transubstantiate from flora to fauna and back again, get fired up about how jellyfish do dress-up, flirt with the eros if you choose but focus (ahem!) on the construction of style, gender, and jive across the organic world.
If you want, talk about how these forms play at the imagination in the dreamscape, in art or music. Or, skirt the manied humanness of new machines. Me, I've been particularly into bizarre botany as of late.
W.R.T. form, try a three-parter, building upon physics' strongest construction.
Aim, if you can, for symmetry of lines, stanzas, etc. in length, shape, or face.
There ain't a bunch of poets on this planet I'd rather have write this out than you guys.
I love you from follicles to phalanges. You're the talent.
So, go: WAKE UP, ROD. <3>

Comments

  1. I'll be the first rodder to admit I have NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. You crazy poet, you.

    Actually, it's not that I don't have any idea, I have an inkling, and it is upon that great marbley foundation of inkling that I will write. Or something less stoic than that.

    PS-
    When is it due Madame Task Master of the week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect = An inkling in a miasma of doubt. Huzzah!

    Oh right, due dates.

    I like Sunday as a downday for last-minute writing if ya just can't swing it before then, so let's say do it fo sho by Sunday.

    Or, if you're Bendi, do it tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Second Assignment, late (of course) but worth it (I hope)

Third Assignment: Pass that Stash, a treasure hunt

JP on "deal with me," BBRRRRAP!