Jon's attempt at his own assignment, which defeated him so he's off to a bad start.

Zion


I(reflect.)

the fridge, restless, gotten into
wood grain, pressed, varnished

an incompletion in the kitchen,
cheeks of cornstarch and saffron,
architect eye drifting, wandering, obscene

the appliance uprising, the discarded army
a rosary of sausage, the detritus of the Aesir,
I find secret stashes in the subwoofer holes,
bits of God, broken into chunks by beautiful air

hammers.



blue note(specific.)

With water of body,
from out of myself,
I build a monument of blue

coral for the broken of body.
With a gauntlet of lionfish
I fashion striped crowns.

Within a pool of salt,
burn eye-words with other,
strap tin-fish to moans

to make the world imperative.



raised 4th(hosanna.)

declare a bible, break this
beast with rocks

declare a pit of lions
feed the Tigris

God, do not delay
in sending your prophet.

the wolves are hungry
and your arrows no longer slay



flattened seventh(peak.)

strap water jugs to seatbelts,
insert oil bottles into baby seats,
the liquidated cadaver gets revenge.

keep pillars of salt
scattered around rooms,

obelisks to angry gods. I bite
off chunks to keep cankers
away. Imperative. Feed dogs

spitty licks. I have poison in my spines.



V(purex.)

fuck soft tissue, even the horse are wrestling.
make of self something permanent, pressed
into glass, something that breaks angrily
in freezers. If I can’t be smashed with a hammer,

I shouldn’t rendered from sand. If my feet
don’t sound like a snare drum, press oil
from my toenails. If I can’t be made of saffron

why be? varnish my meat, keep it in the fire.
a flesh puncture. a piece of obscene.

Comments

  1. B.

    i think i set up the blog to email notifications for all of us, but it might just be notifications about my postings. we might all need to do this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ain't get no email.

    You do love your stashing, don't you Jon.

    Serious commentary to follow.

    Also, my poem = Saturday. I'm aware of my slacker status. -150 points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo, I ain't get no email either. But I'd LIKE to.

    On this payce, still thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  4. One conclusion: +50 for "why be? varnish my meat".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, I think doing your own assignment is usually supa hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh weird. when i posted it, it wasn't, but when i looked at it again the indentation is all off. oh blogger, you spite me already.

    i think if each of you go into settings, you can set email notifications for the rest of us whenever you post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Second Assignment, late (of course) but worth it (I hope)

Third Assignment: Pass that Stash, a treasure hunt

JP on "deal with me," BBRRRRAP!