chunky as in crown - poetry chicken #1
so, kicking this off - this is very new, don't really know where it's going yet. I really like basquiat, and he's a new discovery for me, so excuse my eager shittiness. by discovery I mean that I've become obsessed with him lately, not that he's a hidden secret.
chunky as in crown
-after Basquiat
they (the clouds) are shaped
like the best british sea power
the empire has to offer, sitting heavy
on the invisible clothing line separating
worlds. he is there, etching tiaras,
princes, fathers into vapor with
a childish grasp of a nimbus knife,
spine arms fluttering like musical saw
whinging air. dude’s that ish
splattering reeboks with white-out
regalia, finding the divine right
to rule, to command the thunderheads
in every vertex. every stroke a
proclamation. each chunk a crown.
I love that first line hard.
ReplyDeletethanks. is the rest of it a real poopstain?
ReplyDeleteNot at all! I think it's a change from the Jon I usually read. The intention towards sound, rhythm, hard hits are there. As far as an homage/exploration/celebratory moment it works real good.
ReplyDelete