God in the small things.

I want Javier Bardem to fuck me
but I do not want him to be my God.
This time, I need the howling, pliant,
longing thing moving through me
to be flesh, not spirit -- for once.


Mark these years and their occultic
movements with the number of tongues
that touch your nipples. A lover who touches
your stretch marks in idle delight and in greed,
better than any possible  heaven. Bones


claved in a rough pleasure. I age, hear less
of you in my ear and more of the eternal hum,
unceasing, the bee and mayfly buzz of persisting.
Stop fighting off the fire and learn how to burn
better, how to grieve each thing until it feels


something like Christ saying to the prisoners today
you will be with me in paradise, and embracing
each suffocation between be and me. I place
my crystal wherever other people can touch it,
ask them to steal it, let my dumb house torch and twist forever


because I long and without it, I do not. I am on your left,
always, sinister, stretching into the thing my existence
knows itself to be. Lazy verse versus lazy, my real
and metaphorical dad says to me, all things same,
all things given, all things equal, all things said:


I yoke. I pull. I plead. I wake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Assignment, late (of course) but worth it (I hope)

Third Assignment: Pass that Stash, a treasure hunt

JP on "deal with me," BBRRRRAP!