Hey, summer puppy
trotting into the sprinkler spray, frightening sweetly
when you get wet—meet the whole god-damning summer
squall of me. I'll drip the paisley down your sides, swell
and simulacra you into a billboard fit to advertise my most
commercial cravings. You can't think yourself into un
-assuming. I see you for what you are: a fraud
who needs feeding from a trough bigger than this terminal
highway. Look, puppy, 90-Degree-Jawline plucks women
from the street as he preens the brittlest leaves
from his garden bed. You are not invisible
if inaccessible. No eyes make us
so let's truce—
let's put our bodies to pray in the push
of a bawdy barroom throng. Let's sin for closeness
more like combustion: a flip-the-fuck-out
with a shockwave that brings the best
benders to their knees before easing.
Puppy, you are a a luminous prick of longing
looming over open water, a tantalizing never-near
what I see when I look down. I admit it: you are my ache
for chaos consistent, the hegemonic want to see
my better breeding in everything that isn't me. I need you
to love my reckless beating and bleating and bumping, all the unreliable
narration of my locomotion—and you—girl—and the world—girl—
Comments
Post a Comment