Skipping Order Y'all
So all's quiet on the Rod front. So let's make a ruckus-like.
This is a weird one, inspired by a conversation I had with Barbara Perez recently. I'd like for you all to write a poem about, inspired by, or in opposition to an art-film. Not arthouse film, but a video installation you've seen or has frustrated you.
Video installation seems to occupy a very weird place in the gallery, the art world, cinema, and just about anywhere. I'm interested in where our four brains take it. I really don't care about any constraints outside of "art film / video installation." it doesn't need to be about it. it could just be a jump off point. it could be a structural gesture. don't care. but it's an interesting space to be sure. I'll leave it at that.
let's call this assignment Installation. bonus points go to whoever charms me the most. I'm a cruel, flighty god.
I started tuttering "videohead videohead static light" on my way to work this morning while thinking about this assignment. Not sure what that means yet, but I'm pumped.
ReplyDelete