Assignment Nine (JP Remix)

White boy

1. statement of bias

Privilege, I used to think, is monstrous.
Pink meat, spoiled in white tyvex, coiled
around something more essential.

These male parts, preventing
transcendent understanding,
cursing progeny, progenitors,
the presence of preference.

Privilege, I think, is monstrous –
but monster knows best.

2. the conflict is a conflict of interest

How presumptive to pick up the hatchet. The hatchet cuts wood, I need no firewood. Others need wood. Others hate wood. I hate wood. But I hate it because that tree should know better. Still, I keep that maul in paw, lend my strength to those mid-cut, pray as lumber falls that similarities don’t attract.

3. discursive proof

The white boys
listen to Hot 97.

As primary consumers
who bought the product
they do with it
what they want.

Let’s put a advisory on money,
saying “Buying shit
entitles you
to nothing.”

Let’s teach that
“Owning money
is enough
of an
entitlement already.”

4. pilgrim’s progress

What’s the net utility of the privilege
I’ve received?

I sure hope that investment got returned.
Because I’m real bad

at talking up the brand.

5. your pain does not make you better,

still,
when you depress the
trigger the aerosol
lingers inside the
finger.

it’s not the tag.
It’s that paint
that can tap
capillaries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Assignment, late (of course) but worth it (I hope)

Third Assignment: Pass that Stash, a treasure hunt

JP on "deal with me," BBRRRRAP!