A poemlet
: two truths | and a lie
: I am a liar : bracketed in
the unwieldy, the unyielding, a liar |for love
for a|rt, : hungry : desperate : but
apart.
+ A little thing. It was more but it's better less.
: two truths | and a lie
: I am a liar : bracketed in
the unwieldy, the unyielding, a liar |for love
for a|rt, : hungry : desperate : but
apart.
+ A little thing. It was more but it's better less.
imma post comments soon, but first a comment from joleen on the current, pink, layout:
ReplyDelete"it's telling me, 'joleen, i would totally fuck you, but honey, i'm gay!' unless, it's just trying to politely shun my advances, so that it seems like it's not my fault.
mmmmmmmmm
so, your lil’ poemlet,
ReplyDeletenot a ton to say, but I love the first two lines. The “for art…” line feels familiar in a not-so-good way, but outside of that, its good. I might not be the one to common on concision, but it seems fine – I want more, but that’s because concision terrifies me.
I like the monostrophe ending. “apart” is a weird way to end a poem, in the best possible way. the “:” feels over used, but good otherwise.
cheers man, excited to see you soon!
jp