The Blingdom

1, Part one.

With sapphire toggles locked
on my bootlaces, horse
bedazzled and whinnying,
the desert gets a little glam.
I steal a cigarette from
the cigarette tree, lighting
with a quick scratch along
the inner-side of my jeweled thigh.

Far overhead, the eagle is just
a lens flare. A series of light puffs
polyping from blue. I melted down
the harmonica for silver horseshoes.
I made a nickel-wound pipe from the guitar.
I took that nostalgia and froze it,
dappled it like rhinestones along my eye-brows.

Because the thing is,
you have to look good,
even if no-one’s watching.

2, Part two.

Swathed in colorful-like materials I collect
desiccated wood for the fire. I collect
the skin of condoms, the bones of IUD’s,
the diaphragms for a fire swathed in color.

3, Part three.

The night skypalpates with heat
thunder, the hum
of woken bees
playing decibel chicken
against the flashing
grounding strobes, shooting
from grandiosities. I
construct the kanji
from the parts
for swarm, for
burst, for ambulance.
I flick lighters
at the dark,
waiting for flint
to spark lightning.

4, Part four.

With some top-notch voodoo shit
I use slight of hand to season my meat.
So I don’t know the taste. Godot spices.

I focus the prisms on the meat. I smell
the unknown flavor. I marvel at the hands,
moving outside the body. The biceps,
lifting up towards the aquamarine eagle,
pregnant with air.

5, Part five.

The crickets click green plastic mandible
against thick ruby thorax. Gems cannot
be bowed. The down-stroke, failed,
against eye-holed sky. The plurality
of the watching. An echoing click,
bouncing through a series of tubes.
Something halved haves forever.
Nothing singular survives.

Links, in order of use:

http://www.blingdomofgod.com/lapus-lazuli.php
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/hairband.asp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP0zzREY9dY
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/Prestidigitation.htm
http://seoblackhat.com/2009/07/02/micheal-jackson-death-most-clicked-story-ever/

Comments

  1. Bigscary's got too much fucking mashed potatoes on its plate. Comments to all poems may not come until I'm settled in SF. I will try so very hard to keep up with assignments in the meantime. Finding sustenance trumps Rod, for now, but he beckons so sweetly..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. We'll do the best of our best & persist. Sorry ain't enough, but I gotta keep up wit career shit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fucking love love love the second half of stanza 1 Part One, "the night skypalpates with heat/ thunder, the hum" and MOST OF ALL "With some top notch voodoo shit / I use sleight of hand to season my meat." This is my fav from you so far. Pithy and full of surprises. Prod the rod, baby.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Second Assignment, late (of course) but worth it (I hope)

Third Assignment: Pass that Stash, a treasure hunt

JP on "deal with me," BBRRRRAP!