The City Lights No Contest

So B.Scary posted a link to the City Lights No Contest which is to produce a less-than 200 word fiction piece using the following constraints:

-No Adjectives
-No Dialogue
-No Space
-No Time
-No Omniscience
-No Names

Needless to say, it was difficult, but I did it, cuz' why not? The result is below:

My dress, I possess the tense. How it looks, how it doesn't, feels - how it doesn't. Something is moving and it makes a noise. There is a patina of fear, but I do not react. I must not be seen in a dress, must remove it, replace it with a suit and a tie and a smile and hair sprouting from my chin. I know that what is boy is boy. What is girl, I cannot say, or will not say. I am taking off the dress. This is best, I think. I would not describe it. It is not my dress after all, even if I care for it. No. I am a boy, I possess the tense, and I do not make a noise.

[126 words]

(Though I did submit it to the contest, I don't actually intend to win - so if you find that I didn't actually adhere to any of the criteria then oh well. I'm not actually that concerned. It was just a bit of fun.)


ALSO
--> Assignment forthcoming.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Second Assignment, late (of course) but worth it (I hope)

Third Assignment: Pass that Stash, a treasure hunt

JP on "deal with me," BBRRRRAP!